The building designer is a professional technician responsible for developing the design of architectural plans of a construction project, a conversion or extension of a building. He is also takes in charge the implementation of various surveying acts and creation of formwork plans and armature reinforcement of a construction project.
After the training, the training recipient is able to execute the following operations and activities:
- Check the sketches and preliminary drawings
- Identify key elements to put in an implementation plan
- Distinguish the used construction materials
- Achieve project presentation drawings
- Use D.A.O software
- Ability to read a calculation note
- Draft documents
- Be familiar with the implementing rules of technical drawing
- Pilot surveys of existing buildings and construction supervision
- Master the techniques of achieving the estimated and the quantity.
Age Restriction: 30 years old
School level required:
- 2nd year baccalaureate in science or technology
- Or degree level qualification in the construction sector
- Good visual sense, auditory, olfactory and tactile
- Excellent manual skills
- Good physical condition
- No vertigo
Training selection methods:
- Guidance form to fill out
- Admission Tests.
The training is residential and assessments are carried out as follows:
- Continuous controls
- Module endofyear examination
- promotion examinations
- End of training examination
The building designer technician can be required in an architect's office, in a surveying office, an office of technical studies or in building and public works companies. After a few years of experience and after demonstrating his skills, the building designer technician will be given greater responsibilities in terms of autonomy and project management.